The seven questions we would like to put to the candidates are:
1. Do you publicly criticise all calls, manifestos and organisations calling for a British withdrawal from the European Union? Will you publicly advocate the programme of establishing working class power throughout Europe?
2. Do you oppose the idea of forming some kind of bloc within Left Unity that includes the social-imperialist AWL? Should those who support the pro-Nato government of Petro Poroshenko, who refuse to condemn the 2003 invasion of Iraq or the possibility of an Israeli nuclear strike against Iran be considered legitimate bloc partners?
3. Do you give priority to Left Unity or Tusc? Do you agree that Tusc is a diversionary Labour Party mark II project?
4. Do you support openness and accountability? Do you consider reporting and commenting on Left Unity officers, branches, regions, national council, conferences, etc, perfectly normal and acceptable? Will you publicly condemn the suspension of Laurie McCauley? Do you demand his immediate reinstatement?
5. Do you disassociate yourself from those who resort to violence or threats of violence within the left? Will you insist that anyone found guilty of making such threats issue a public apology, no matter how belatedly?
6. Do you think Left Unity should draw a clear red line between the socialist politics of the working class and the petty bourgeois politics of the Green Party?
7. Do you support the call for a Left Unity constitutional conference in 2015?
The Communist Platform can be contacted here – http://communistplatform.org.uk/contact/
Left Unity is active in movements and campaigns across the left, working to create an alternative to the main political parties.
Events and protests from around the movement, and local Left Unity meetings.
Sat 20 Oct, 10.00-17.30
How Do We Defeat The Rise Of Fascism & Racism? International Conference
A great line-up and a vital event in London.
Sat 20 Oct, 12.00
People’s Vote March
Park Lane, London. Contact us if you can help distribute LU broadsheets.
European Forum of Progressive Forces, Bilbao
To debate, build and act to ward-off current threats.
Sun 17 Nov, 11.00-16.30
Reclaim Social Care Conference, Birmingham
To explore how to reverse privatisation and secure quality, stable, publicly funded and accountable social care services for all.
Speakers from Health Campaigns Together, the Labour Party, DPAC and more.
Sun 17 Nov, 12.00
National Unity Demonstration Against Fascism and Racism
Central London. More info on Facebook
Sign up to the Left Unity email newsletter.
Get the latest Left Unity resources.